Try some different ways of enjoying sauerkraut! Roll out the pastry and line the bottom of a flan dish.
- Ready-to-use rolled shortcrust pastry
- he same ingredients for the soup (except the stock and potatoes) +
- 2 eggs
- 200 g double cream
- 250 g leftover sauerkraut (or cooked sauerkraut)
- 1 onion
- thick crème fraîche
- 2 slices smoked bacon from the butcher to dice into lardons
- black pepper
- Roll out the pastry and line the bottom of a flan dish.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork, drain the sauerkraut thoroughly and spread it over the pastry then place the chopped onions and lardons on top. You don’t need to fry the onions and lardons.
- Beat the eggs, add them to the cream and then pour this mixture over the sauerkraut and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 220 °C (fan-assisted).
- Serve either as a starter or as a main course with a green salad.
Try some different ways of enjoying sauerkraut! Enjoy!