Preparation time : 15 minutes. 2 servings. Difficulty: 1/5. No Food Waste Recipe – Vegan (excluding mozzarella).
- Ingrédients :
- 400g tomatoes (mix of cocktail and regular tomatoes, cut into pieces)
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ avocado cut into thin slices
- 1 small red onion, very finely diced
- 170g stale, Ciabatta-style white bread
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Olive oil, Guérande salt, freshly ground black pepper, basil leaves
Optional : Buffalo mozzarella
Step by step
- Lightly fry the stale bread in a pan with some olive oil and the ½ clove of garlic.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, capers, avocado, red onion, olive oil and vinegar, together with the fried bread, seasoning to taste. Allow the flavours to mix for 10 minutes, while the bread will soften slightly, which is wanted.
- Arrange on a serving dish, and garnish with basil leaves.
Tip: Goes very well with buffalo mozzarella.