Preparation time: 15 minutes. Healthy and vegetarian. For 2 servings. Make your vinaigrette by blending: the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and saffron. Stir the thinly sliced fennel, red onion and pomegranate seeds into the dressing.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt, pepper, saffron
- Natural yoghurt (for example Greek)
- Fennel leaves for decoration
- Make your vinaigrette by blending: the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and saffron
- Stir the thinly sliced fennel, red onion and pomegranate seeds into the dressing
- Arrange this salad mixture on your plates or serving dish
- Using a teaspoon, place dabs of yoghurt all over the salad
- Decorate with the fennel leaves
Prepare this “very healthy” salad just before you want to serve it. If you like salads with a hint of fruit, you could also add half a green apple, thinly sliced, or some thin orange segments.